MCS-8 Plus Motion Control System
A powerful, intelligent and flexible motion control system designed for all beamline component stepper motors. Using the latest Delta Tau Turbo PMAC technology coupled with precision microstepping drive cards this unit provides a solution for all high resolution positioning applications. This unit contains all power supplies, drive amplifiers and an optional embedded controller (IOC) with Windows-based or EPICS connectivity.
- Total of 500W available for the eight drive outputs.
- Fast acting PID control with multiple co-ordinate systems and a variety of flexible control algorithms.
- Reverse Kinematics capability.
- Full PLC control with programming facility as standard.
- Encoder, limit switch and motion overtravel inputs for all 8 channels.
- 8 programmable digital inputs and digital outputs, configurable as sink or source.
- Support for OPC, TANGO or SPEC protocols
- Optional embedded controller to act as SCADA system, EPICS IOC or can be customised to suit customer requirements.