Graduate Mechanical Engineer
FMB Oxford is currently seeking a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our existing team, offering a unique and highly rewarding environment working on the design, development and manufacturing of custom scientific instrumentation used for cutting edge research. The role requires a level of original thinking and an ability to identify solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges. The selected candidate will become an integral part of the team, working in an exciting and challenging environment.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for validating design proposals through rigorous analysis and effective testing. Areas of interest include thermal management, thermal and vibrational stability, ultra high precision motion and ultra-high vacuum (UHV) compatibility. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to (and will be encouraged to) work within our approved IMechE MPDS programme to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
- Mechanical concept design of high stability systems, involving high precision movements and control feedback.
- Interpreting customer requirements and translating them into cost effective and elegant solutions.
- Participating in design and product review processes.
- Providing back up calculations and analyses for proposed design solutions.
- Communication with customers and assisting them in the development of solutions that will exceed their expectations.
- Communication with vendors and subcontractors with the aim of identifying leading edge technologies, materials and processes.
- A high level of enthusiasm for mechanical design and design analysis – the company will endeavour to develop the capability.
- A professional approach to working with customers, work colleagues and management.
BSc or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering expected.
If you are proficient in using 3D CAD tools and have a strong understanding of engineering essentials then we would like to hear from you.