Are you ready for the next challenge? Could you develop a brand new role? If you have materials management experience within an engineering company this could be the next position for you.
Overview: To manage all aspects of the materials function, including receipt of engineering packs and ERP setup; identification of suppliers; price negotiation, purchase and expediting; goods receiving; storage of materials; issue of materials kits to production and the timely shipping of goods.
The Materials Manager will have proven team management skills, including task delegation, staff development, performance management, problem solving and continuous improvement. Experience in a materials management role using and/or implementing ERP systems within a project based or low volume manufacturing environment will also be necessary, alongside commercial and negotiating skills and experience of working within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Personnel Management and Development
- Day to day management of the materials team and assigning of work priorities.
- Identifying resource and training needs and carrying out development reviews.
Information and Inventory Management
- Inputting parts, bills of materials, work orders and routings into the ERP system; checking all data for completeness and accuracy.
- Managing MRP process to ensure timely receipt of all materials.
- Raising and authorising purchase orders within agreed financial limits.
- Ensuring that manufacturing information packs and materials are issued to production teams in line with project requirements; expediting shortages as required.
- Manage material inventory levels within financial constraints, whilst ensuring timely provision to meet production demands.
- Select new and existing suppliers based on assessment of capability/capacity, previous delivery/quality performance and price negotiation.
- Work with Project Leaders and Sales to ensure that the appropriate suppliers are selected for high value and business critical parts and services.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that quality, cost and delivery objectives are met.
Stores and Shipping
- Control the activities of the Stores Coordinator and ensure that materials are received, processed, stored and issued in line with company procedures and production requirements.
- Control the activities of the Shipping Coordinator to ensure that shipments and collections are transacted in a timely manner and that associated paperwork and records are correct and complete.
- Maintain a flexible attitude and approach to changing priorities and requirements.
- Set challenging personal and team objectives and ensure that good working relationships are maintained with other teams.
Job Type: Full-time.
Remuneration and benefits: Competitive salary, proportionate to experience. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 7% company pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Commercial and negotiating skills
Agencies need not apply.