We are currently looking for Technicians to join our manufacturing team, specifically in the Cryocooler and Detectors and Diagnostics areas, reporting directly to a Production Cell Leader.
The successful candidates will assemble and test products, sub-assemblies and components to agreed quality, time-scale and cost objectives and be able to work independently and pro-actively with a highly structured, well organised approach and good inter-personnel skills. A flexible attitude and approach to changing priorities and requirements is essential.
- Assemble products, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with the Quality Manual, technical specifications, drawings and work instructions
- Manufacture or modify, as required, components, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with drawings and instruction
- Undertake pre-packing, and preparation of documents for the shipment of products, including liaison with packers/shippers
- Participate in design and post-project reviews
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and tidily and in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, including local risk assessments
- Check own work and report any quality issues
- Communicate professionally with customers (internal and external) and vendors
- Participate in improvement projects, cost improvements and problem solving activities as required from time to time
- Maintain plant, test equipment and tools in a good working condition
- Experience in the manufacture, test and installation of beamline assemblies or similar
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, functional specifications, work instructions, etc.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline
- Experience in the safe operation of milling, turning, grinding equipment and cranes
- Familiarity with precision mechanisms and/or ultra high vacuum technology
- 7% company pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection
Applications should be made with detailed CV, along with a letter of motivation, indicating the position applied for.
Agencies need not apply.