Commercial Support Scientist
FMB Oxford is seeking candidates for a newly created position within the Sales and Marketing Team to focus on our x-ray detector range of products, primarily working directly with prospective and existing customers to increase sales.
This role has responsibility for budgeted turnover for the product range and offers excellent opportunities; the direct interaction with our customers provides excellent insight into all important aspects of the technology and applications. The candidate will also have prospects for increased responsibility over time.
The Commercial Support Scientist will have a background in physics or physical science with hands-on experience with electronic instruments. The candidate will have an outgoing personality with demonstrated positive, cross-cultural communication skills, enjoying customer contact and being challenged by different applications on a daily basis. The candidate will be self-organised and willing to travel on a regular basis.
- Achieve sales to meet budgeted turnover of product range
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of quotations and orders
- Interact with Operations as required to ensure on-time delivery
- Make efficient use of available Marcomms budget to support product range
- Attend workshops, trade-shows and conferences
- Engage with key customers in collaborative projects
- Identify areas of opportunity outside x-ray science community for existing product range
- Primary point of contact for detector and diagnostic product support
- Training and supporting customers in the optimal use of FMB Oxford instrumentation
- Managing detector and diagnostic product repair and replace function
Job Type: Full-time.
Remuneration and benefits: Competitive salary, proportionate to experience. Benefits include, but are not limited to, 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), and 7% employer’s contribution to pension.
- Undergraduate Degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Electronics or other relevant subject mandatory
- Regular travel to customers, conferences or workshops
Language: English (required), with proficiency in additional languages desirable.
Agencies need not apply.